When inc.com interviewed a panel of BI experts on how (and if) SMBs can take advantage of BI solutions, they provided the following insights:
- BI helps small businesses compete with larger shops or increase market share
- Vendors are getting better at making software that’s easy to use and affordable
- BI vendors are starting to cater to a younger crowd
- The cloud now puts non-IT users in the driver’s seat
- Before investing in BI tools, it’s important to think about what answers you’re looking for
- Forget about using BI software if you don’t have access to quality operational data
- Excel isn’t your only option
Cloud / SaaS to the BI Rescue!
The cloud has made everything more accessible and BI is no exception. Although easy to use and affordable solutions like Domo and Cyfe (which we use at UTG to to create marketing BI dashboards) made it to market before Microsoft’s solution, we think Microsoft really got it right with Power BI. You’d be hard pressed to find something more suitable for small business. In conclusion, if you’ve ever wished you could connect the dots between different systems or modules, like sales and marketing—or even if you’d like to produce great looking visuals rather than drab Excel spreadsheets, then give Microsoft Power BI or one of the many other cloud BI solutions a try and reap the benefits like our good friend the Roman!